I’ve always had a love hate relationships with fake nails. They can look amazing but also can make some every day tasks more difficult. After 4+ months without nails a friend of mine asked if she could practice on me for her upcoming test, now I’m wondering if I’ll let them grow out or get a fill in a few weeks! Wether you’re thinking of getting your first set or trying to decide if you want to keep your current set here are some things to consider.
- When done properly the look clean and polished
- If you have brittle nails (like me) it helps give you longer nails you wouldnt be able to achieve naturally
- Prevents breakage of your natural nail
- May help with some bad habits like biting your nails. Having fake nails keeps me from picking my split ends. Lol.
- I don’t know what it is about fake nails that make me feel more confident and beautiful. Might just be me but it’s definitely a thing!
- Cost of upkeep. You have to get fills every 2-4 weeks depending on how fast your nails grow.
- If they break you’re kind of screwed. Depending on your nail lady it might take awhile to get in for a fix and you’re left walking around with a broken nail.
- They damage your natural nail. In order to get the fake nail to adhere securely to your natural nail it needs to be filed down to a rough surface for more grip. If you get your nails take off you’ll be left with a very weak nail.
- If you get your nails caught on something or anything like that it hurts like a b*tch!
I hope this little list helps you decide wether to get nails or not! At the moment I’m loving my nails but we’ll see if I keep them.